DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY
Department of the Navy
- DON | Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP)
Navy |10 Buying Commands
- HQMCI&L | USMC Installations and Logistics
- NAVSUP | Naval Supply Sytems Command
- NAVAIR | Naval Air Systems Command
- ONR | Office of Naval Research
- SPAWAR | Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command
- MARCOR | Marine Corps Systems Command
- SSP | Strategic Systems Programs
- MSC | Military Sealift Command
- NAVSEA | Naval Sea Systems Command
- NAVFAC | Naval Facilities Engineering Command
NAVY Related Podcast Episodes
Summary: NAVSEA Deputy for Small Business Dan Duckwitz explains the importance of research and small business solutions that address the pain points of specific program offices, the complexity of the NAVSEA structure and the need for small business feedback.
Summary: NSWC Crane Deputy for Small Business Matt Burkett presents the scope of contracts available in support of the mission of NSWC Crane, offers tips and techniques to research opportunities and reviews the primary acquisition procedures and vehicles used.
Summary: Emily Harman discusses developments in the Navy's Office of Small Business programs, how to develop strategic relationships with the 10 buying commands, developments in acquisition, subcontracting and how companies must demonstrate how they will further the Navy's mission.
Small Business Success Tips Podcast (episode 23)
Summary: Before retiring, Emily Harman met with Neil McDonnell to discuss DOD’s annual Small Business Training Week
Register in the Navy's Directory of HUBZone Businesses
HUBZone members are encouraged to review and register on the Navy's Directory of HUBZone Businesses. This fledgling HUBZone Directory from the Navy's Office of Small Business Programs is available to NAVFAC Contracting Officers to find HUBZone firms that want to work with the Navy. The directory lists businesses by category, NAICS codes, bonding levels (if relevant), contact details and cross-categorized listings according to special status.Return to Top
DEPARTMENT OF THE US ARMY
Army Commands (ACOM)
- FORSCOM | U.S. Army Forces Command
- TRADOC | U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command
- AMC | U.S. Army Material Command
- AFC | Army Futures Command
Army Service Component Commands (ASCC)
- U.S. Army Africa (USARAF)
- U.S. Army Central (USARCENT)
- U.S. Army North (USARNORTH)
- U.S. Army South (USARSO)
- U.S. Army Europe (USAREUR)
- U.S. Army Pacific (USARPAC)
- U.S. Special Operations Command (USASOC)
- Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command (SDDC)
- U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command / Army Forces Strategic Command (USASMDC/ARSTRAT)
- U.S. Army Cyber Command (USARCYBER)
Meet the Experts | Army Panel (2018)
Neil McDonnell invited three leading Army procurement experts together to discuss small business contracting with US Army Billions of dollars are expended annually in support of the Army’s mission. Most of the Army’s buying activities are in support of individual base requirements and considered local buys. Small Business Specialists are assigned to individual geographic areas.
- Tommy Marks | Director, Army Office of Small Business Programs
- Melea Crouse | Assistant Director, Office of Small Business Programs, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, SWD
- Karla Babb | Small Business Professional, U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, St. Louis District
In these 'raw' videos, Neil shows how to dig to find basic facts, people to follow up with, track and learn from, links to other information that could be helpful to his client –all designed to prepare and refine the call plan sheet so they can be knowledgeable and ask the right questions and get real value from every meeting.
U.S. Army CECOM – NETCOM | Research training with Neil
Neil walks step by step to research and prepare your meeting with small business specialists. In this example for CECOM – NETCOM, he shows how to uncover numerous sources for valuable award information and strategic goals even if when agency websites are outdated.
U.S. Army Information Systems Engineering Command | Research training with Neil
Neil walks step by step to research and prepare your meeting with small business specialists.
CECOM – USAISEC | CECOM’s Tobyhanna Army Depot is the Department of Defense’s premier sustainment center for C5ISR systems, ranging from night-vision devices to satellite terminals. The depot designs, manufactures, repairs, and overhauls critical C5ISR systems for the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines.Return to Top
HHS | Department of Health & Human Services
HHS Agencies & Offices
- HHS Strategic Plan (FY2018 - 22)
- 11 Operating Divisions | 8 U.S. Public Health Service Agencies and 3 Human Services Agencies
US AIR FORCE
"Meet the Experts" Air Force
- Della Simmons, Small Business Professional, Elmendorf-Richardson AFB at Jber, Alaska
- Mark Snyder, Director of Business Operations, 82d Contracting Squadron, Sheppard AFB
- Tracy Nicholson, Director, AFSC Small Business Office, Tinker AFB
Air Force related podcast episodes
Small Business Success Tips Podcast (episode 25) Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC) | Sam Riehn
Summary: Sam Riehn explains how to identify Air Force program managers who buy what you sell, how acquisition is changing, and how small businesses with cybersecurity capabilities can take advantage of exciting new opportunities.
Small Business Success Tips Podcast (episode 16) Brent Owens | SBA, PCR Area V (Hill Air Force Base, Utah)
Summary: Brent Owens discusses current trends in purchasing on Air Force bases, regional training for small business and contracting officers, the role of DSBS in market research and the SBA's All Small Business Mentor-Protégé program.
Small Business Success Tips Podcast (episode 20) Valerie L. Muck | US Air Force Small Business Programs Director
Summary: Valerie Muck discusses the US Air Force Office of Small Business programs, how to develop strategic relationships with small business specialists, new developments in acquisition, subcontracting strategies and how companies must proactively convey how they can further the Air Force's mission.
Small Business Success Tips Podcast (episode 13) Sally Walton | PCR, SBA Area 5 (Albuquerque)
Summary: Sally Walton offers powerful small business contracting strategies, clarifies the scope of agencies, and demystifies important regulations and limitations of sub-contracting for small business set asides.
Small Business Success Tips Podcast (episode 11) Colleen Burns | PCR, SBA Area V (El Paso, TX)
Summary: Colleen Burns discusses the different contracting roles at agencies, how small businesses must be proactively building relationships, promoting their qualifications and researching opportunities, working with PCRs and specialists to open more doors within federal agencies and the importance of continuing education.
Return to Top
USACE | US Army Corps of Engineers
- USACE Omaha District, SBO Vendor List
- USACE Small Business Program Guide
- USACE Tips for using beta.SAM.gov
FY20-21 Contract Procurement Forecast (Jan 2020)
Current IDIQ List (March 2020)
Visit District websites to learn about their missions, types of services/supplies each procures, upcoming projects, solicitations and contract awards
Divisions and Districts
DHS | Department of Homeland Security
DHS OSDBU | Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
DHS Small Business Specialists by department Vendors should contact the Small Business Specialist in the command or logistics center with procurement questions regarding specific requirements and to market company capabilities
Large Business DHS Prime Contractors who are interested in subcontracting with small businesses
- USCG | United States Coast Guard
US Coast Guard
The US Coast Guard is the only military organization within DHS
The Coast Guard Acquisition Directorate manages a multibillion-dollar recapitalization investment portfolio of acquisition programs across 3 major product lines: Surface; Aviation; and C4ISR (command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance) systems. These programs are supported by 6 Procurement Centers:
- Office of Contract Operations at Coast Guard Headquarters
- Aviation Logistics Center
- Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Technology Service Center
- Surface Forces Logistics Center
- Shore Infrastructure Logistics Center – Base Support and Services
- Shore Infrastructure Logistics Center – Construction
Learn More | US Coast Guard Acquisition (CG-9) Washington DC
- Review Presentation | Doing Business with the USCG Contracting Enterprise (2019)
- Find Specific USCG Small Business Representatives
- FY18-20 Small Business & Industry Engagement Strategic Plan
NASA | National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- NASA Vendor Database | Post capability briefs and get e-notifications on Source Sought, NASA OSBP Newsletter, RFIs, or RFPs
- NASA Vendor Database Overview and Presentation (2018)
- 12 NASA Center Locations
- NASA Procurement
- NASA Center-by-Center Acquisition Forecast
- Strategic Plan | NASA Glenn Research Center, 2019
- Strategic Plan | NASA Information Technology (FY 2018-21)
- NASA SEWP Program Management Office
- SEWP is a GWAC with 140+ pre-competed Prime Contract Holders and 110+ Small Businesses
NASA SBIR/STTRReturn to Top
FREE GovCon Chamber Training
Neil McDonnell walks you step by step to find key facts and contracts to follow up with, track and learn from (see videos below)
- Flight Center NASA Small Business Offices
- Glenn Research Center Strategic Action Plan
- Kennedy Space Center (KSC) Points of Contact
- NASA Shared Services Center (NSSC)
- How to Understand Docs Shared at Industry Days
- How to Register Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) Small Business Directory
Agency-Specific Vendor Databases
In addition to DSBS, some federal agencies maintain In-house vendor databases, usually maintained by small business specialists or contracting officers.
- The intended purpose of this database is to aid large prime contractors to find small and disadvantaged companies to team with the conduction of their business endeavors. This office does not validate the data within database and can not insure that the information contained in the database is current or correct.
- Board's Supplier Registration | Supplier Registration
- Vendors can post capability statements and sign up for e-mail messages on Source Sought Notices, the NASA OSBP Newsletter, RFIs, or RFPs
- Register with NECO to Submit Bids and receive daily procurement opportunities Refer to NECO Guide
NCUA is not required to advertise its solicitations in FedBizOpps. Interested vendors should complete the Vendor Registration Form
- Register your firm on the NOAA Small Business Profile Registration System
- NOAALink is an innovative and strategic IT infrastructure planning and acquisition process offering NOAA's IT organizations a broad range of cost-effective, enterprise-wide IT solutions, while improving IT service delivery and meeting NOAA's technology, contracting, and financial goals.
- OMWI (Office of Minority and Women Inclusion) maintains a repository of information on diverse vendors that are interested in doing business with the SEC.
- The SEC uses the database to conduct market research, and to disseminate information on the agency’s supplier diversity initiatives. For more information, please see the Supplier Diversity Business Management System.
- The SBA Subcontracting Network System is designed to bridge the gap between businesses seeking small businesses and small business seeking contracting opportunities.
USACE Omaha District, Small Business Office maintains a list of vendors 'for market research purposes only'Return to Top
Strategic Plans and Meeting Prep
LEARN WITH NEIL
Neil provides free training to help small businesses become more visible to federal buyers when they 'google' for sellers in DSBS | Dynamic Small Business Search using live examples. In Cold Calls in Government Contracting | Learn to Cvercome Fear and Hesitation, he makes cold calls in real time.
In these 'raw' videos, Neil shows you a variety of research strategies to find important facts, opportunities and people to follow up with, track and learn from. Learn to prepare and refine your call plan sheet to be knowledgeable, ask the right questions and get real value from every meeting.
The Tide Has Turned
GovCon Chamber of Commerce *
stops the 10 YEAR DECLINE of the
SBA HUBZone Program
After a dismal 10 year decline and never once hitting its 3% goal, the SBA HUBZone Program finally has a reason to celebrate.
HUBZone-certified companies are now responding to Sources Sought & RFIs in record numbers and winning more contracts!
Thanks to the GovCon Chamber of Commerce everything has changed!
Neil McDonnell explains what triggered FY18's 24% growth of contracts over FY17 and how the Chamber is working toward exceeding those results in FY19.
* Note: HUBZone Chamber of Commerce was renamed
the 'GovCon Chamber of the Commerce' in 2019
**UPDATE | HUBZone-awarded contracts increased
to 2.05% in FY2018